Rivers and Fisheries Trusts of Scotland (RAFTS)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Central Edinburgh
Application closing date: Monday 14 October (09.00)
About us: Rivers and Fisheries Trusts of Scotland (RAFTS) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Chief Executive Officer to manage and develop a fast growing environmental charity. RAFTS represents a network of 26 charitable trusts and foundations, which employ over 50 technical staff operating across the major freshwater catchments of Scotland.
Skills & Experience: The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the following areas:
- Organisational management and development
- Financial management and control
- Staff development, management and leadership
- Excellent people, communication, advocacy and media skills
Experience in the following areas will also be desirable:
- Large scale environmental project identification, initiation, management and delivery
- Working with partners including Government, Agencies and others
- Charitable fund-raising
- Experience and knowledge of rural, environmental, and land management issues
- Experience and appropriate qualifications in the environmental sciences
Location: The post is based in our Central Edinburgh office. Flexible working hours and regular travel within Scotland will be required.
Remuneration: Remuneration will consist of a salary commensurate with experience and a contributory pension scheme.
Information on RAFTS can be found on our site. For further details of the post and application process, click on the documents below:
- APPLICANT INFORMATION FORM
- NOTES TO APPLICANTS
- JOB DESCRIPTION, PERSON SPECIFICATION & EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Applications must be submitted no later than 09.00 on Monday 14 October and will consist of a covering letter, a full Curriculum Vitae (with referees) and the completed ‘Applicant Information Form’.
Interviews will take place in Edinburgh on Thursday 24 October 2013.
Ghillie – River Tweed
The Mertoun beat require a full-time ghillie. The position commences February 2014. For further information and an application form, please contact:
Mertoun Estate Office