2020 Charity Calendar Photography Competition
Full terms and conditions are available below or downloadable as a PDF in our Publications
2020 Charity Calendar Terms and Conditions of Entry.
1. This competition is open to both novice and professional photographers who are residents of the UK and abroad, from ages 5 and up. Both locals and tourists/visitors can submit images providing the image is of or taken within the Outer Hebrides. The Outer Hebrides consist of; The Isle of Lewis, The Isle of Harris, Isle of North Uist, Isle of South Uist, Benbecula, Barra, and surrounding areas.
3. There are no prizes, cash alternatives or financial or other benefits to entrants, and 100% of the calendar’s profits are to benefit OHFT, its projects and its charitable work detailed within its remit.
4. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name, the location/title of the photo, and the date when it was taken i.e Sarah Parks, sunset over Callanish Stones, June 2007. For our compliance with GDPR, only your first initial and last name will ever be used with your image publicly. i.e, when giving credit.
5. Entries should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 15:00 on Friday 30th September 2019 and clearly marked as e.g “2020 Calendar Entry”. Submissions received after this time and date will not be considered. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries or entries sent through agencies or third parties, i.e Facebook or Instagram. Outer Hebrides Fisheries Trust cannot accept responsibility for any technical failures or reasons for not receiving a photo before the closing date and time.
6. Images submitted may only be in colour, with an appropriate amount of manipulation/editing/correction applied.
7. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8. Images submitted need to be in JPEG format and of a high enough clarity and resolution for printing in media. Some mobile phone images may not be able to support these requirements. Panoramic photos may not be suitable for the intended print purpose of these images.
9. Twelve photographs will be selected by an independent and impartial person(s) for use in the Charity Calendar. The winning entries will be those that are judged to be the most visually appealing, original and representative of The Outer Hebrides and the work of the Fisheries Trust respectively. Their decisions will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. OHFT work comprises environmental, natural habitats, and fresh water ecosystems. Photograph content should be predominantly landscape and ideally related to these core areas, but there can be submissions of wildlife, angling, architecture, or anything historical providing that it is of/in the Outer Hebrides. Seasonal images are encouraged.
11. The winners will be notified within five working days of the closing date of the competition.
12. Copyright in all images submitted for our 2020 Charity Calendar remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the image, the entrants grant licence to The Outer Hebrides Fisheries Trust to feature their images submitted in any publications, their website, Facebook page and/or in any promotional material connected to said charity calendar. Only the 12 images chosen for the calendar will be used.
13. Images must not;
13.2 Include faces or personally identifiable information about the submitter or any other persons,
13.3 Include alcohol, cigarettes, firearms or offensive weapons,
13.4 Be shown to be promoting a company, brand, party, right or movement,
13.5 Include copyrighted materials or trademarks owned by third parties,
13.6 Include any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content,
13.7 Contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct, which would be considered a criminal offence, given rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
13.8 Contain or infringe upon any copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Outer Hebrides Fisheries Trust in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any persons by reason of the entrant breaching any of the foregoing.
14. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that the conditions within these terms are met, any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or laws, the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright.
15. OHFT reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry what does not comply with any of the requirements listed in these Terms and Conditions. Notice of this decision does not need to be given.
16. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions. Failure to comply will result in the entry being withdrawn.